So, you’ve started straightening your teeth with Invisalign aligners and realised that you’d be wearing the trays for hours on end, day after day. What happens when they get dirty? Keeping up with your oral hygiene during the process helps, but the trays need consistent cleaning too!
Tips For Keeping Your Aligners Clean
Whilst brushing and flossing after meals will help keep your mouth as well as the tray clean, there are some other helpful methods to keep bacteria out of the tray and your mouth:
- Keep the aligners in a safe, clean place stored in their protective case
- Clean the protective case (you can potentially do this while cleaning dishes after a meal)
- Soak the trays in an aligner cleaning solution
- Brush trays with a soft brush while rinsing with water
- Rinse trays after taking them out of your mouth
- Only drink water with Invisalign trays in your mouth
Cleaning your aligners can make wearing them much more pleasant and avoid any undesired odours due to wearing them so frequently.
Things to Avoid With Alignment Trays
- Avoid placing aligners on dirty surfaces or in places where they may fall or accidentally be mistaken for rubbish.
- Avoid using harsh soaps or cleaners that may discolour or damage the trays
- Avoid eating or drinking with trays in your mouth
- Avoid brushing trays with toothpaste
Invisalign in Auckland
We believe in delivering the best results possible for our patients in Auckland and the surrounding areas. With an initial consultation, we can begin creating your own Invisalign experience and stay with you every step of the way, even when maintaining alignment trays.
If you’ve recently begun using Invisalign or are considering beginning your teeth straightening process, we warmly invite you to get in touch with our dental clinic for more information.